If you are interested in having more than one TV tuner
in your PVR setup, Hauppauge’s WinTV-PVR-500MCE is
the way to go. It streamlines the setup process by giving
you two TV tuners on a single PCI card. When used with
Beyond TV, the dual tuners on the WinTV-PVR-500MCE
gives you the power to record two shows at the same time or
watch one show while simultaneously recording another.
Learn more about
multiple tuner support.
This PVR-500MCE kit also includes a Hauppauge A/V Cable Set so you can add an additional audio/video input to the PVR-500MCE.
Satellite and digital cable users:
- The PVR-500MCE does NOT include an integrated IR blaster and code library but can still be used in satellite and digital cable configurations in conjunction with an external tuning solution. External tuning solutions include using an IR blaster (we recommend the USB-UIRT) or serial tuning (for which we offer some cable packs).
- If you wanted to record two programs from satellite or digital cable at the same time, you would need a separate set-top box and external tuning solution for each program.
- Processor requirements: PentiumŪ IV processor 1.2GHz or
faster for TV pause with full screen playback
- Microsoft Windows XP Home, XP Professional or 2000
- PVR software that supports multiple tuners such as
- Free PCI slot
- Sound card
- VGA card (PCI or AGP) which supports video overlay
(nVidia, S3, ATI, etc.)
(Return to top)